Friday, June 3, 2011

HE HAS A NAME & A HOME! BEAGLE BOY UPDATE


Linus (aka Beagle Boy) in his new home!

We have our first update on the abandoned Beagle Boy from his new mom, Hollie. Most importantly - Beagle Boy has a name! His name is LINUS. Very fitting!

Here is the first update from Hollie:

I just wanted to say thank you again to you and Leanne for all you did to save my sweet beagle boy!

We have named him Linus (we have a cat named Lucy, so we thought that would be cute!).

He is absolutely adorable and fits perfectly into our beagle family!! All he has done so far is sleep. I think the poor boy has had so much stress in the past few weeks that he will be worn out for a while.

Yesterday, he was a little more active and a motorcycle drove by the house and he jumped off the couch and started howling! It was so funny because he hadn’t made a peep up until then!

He loves attention and as soon as you look at him he starts wagging his tail.

He is completely house trained which is nice. He does have a little limp, but this morning, he took off running through the house, so he can still get around!

I’ve had a hard time getting him to eat, but I think it was just because of a new place and all the changes he’s had. He did much better last night and this morning. I have made him eggs and rice and even tried cat food! I’ve softened his food since his teeth are so bad, I wasn’t sure if they were causing him any pain. He’s done just fine though.

I’m going to schedule a teeth cleaning also as soon as I can since I know that will help out too. I am so glad that you put him on your website and that you all saved him! He is so precious and I am already completely in love with him. He is the sweetest beagle boy ever!

Him and my other beagle boy, Guster, were curled up on the couch yesterday and it would have made the cutest picture ever, but as soon as I got up to get my camera, Guster jumped down.


This morning, I gave him a treat and he went and hid it. Which in my house is not good since I have mostly all beagles and their noses can find anything!! One dog went sniffing around where he hid it and Linus growled at him. Then, he decided to stand guard over his treat! It was so funny! I think one of the other dogs snuck in behind him though and got the treat because when he went back to get it, it was gone! I guess he will learn pretty quickly to eat his treats as soon as he can!

I’ll try to send some pictures tomorrow.

I love my new Linus!!!!

Hollie


Linus and Guster

The whole pack!

Taking a nap (another one!)

Of course poor Linus tested positive for Heartworm - but he has already started treatment (beacuse he has the best mom ever!) and is doing well. As you can see - he has settled right into his new pack.

Thank you so much Hollie for giving Linus such a GREAT home. It warms our hearts to know that he will never be left behind again.

www.pawsofmarion.org

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY ENDING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the greatest story ever! im so glad i found him and u guys were able to save him. HOLLIE thank you so much for loving him. I knew he deserved a good home. I had trouble getting him to eat too. i think its the teeth...found out steak fat is his favorite. give him hugs and love for me and my daughter who helped me with him when we foung him abandoned!

    ReplyDelete